This is part of a first-playthrough guide using the Faerie story arc. It covers both the original PSX version and the 2021 HD remaster, though some place and item names differ slightly in the latter. You can find an overview of the Faerie% path here.
The Quick Version
Return to Gato Grottoes and proceed to the Dreamweaving Room of the Temple of Healing. After an elaborate scene, you’ll regain control of your character in the Mindas Ruins. Proceed to the Tower of Winds to find Matilda.
The Details (May Contain Spoilers)
Once you arrive at the Mindas Ruins, go right three times to escape to the surface of the Megalithic Structure. From there:
- go left to the Western Gates
- pass through the gates to the Flowerkeys Corner
- toggle the Flowerlings so that both movable ones are on the right
- go right to return to the Western Gates
- pass through the gates to Ruined Glory (HD: Glory’s Ruin)
- talk to Niccolo, and pay him 500 Lucre to escort you to the Tower of Winds
- go up the steps of the tower
When you reach the next room, a fight is about to break out between Escad and Daena. You’ll be asked to choose a side, joining one NPC in fighting the other. (If you try not to pick a side, you’ll still get drawn into the fight.) After the battle and a little more dialogue, the quest concludes.