This is part of a first-playthrough guide using the Faerie story arc. It covers both the original PSX version and the 2021 HD remaster, though some place and item names differ slightly in the latter. You can find an overview of the Faerie% path here.
The Quick Version
Finally, it’s time to finish out the Faerie story arc. Place the Trembling Spoon Artifact you got from the previous quest and consider making a final gear-buying trip to Geo (the music shop on Mall Avenue sells weapons and armor that will likely be better than what you have).
To start the quest, go to Gato Grottoes and visit the Dreamweaving Room in the Temple of Healing to learn of Irwin’s latest plot. Speak to Matilda to obtain the Brooch of Love Artifact, then exit to the World Map, place the Artifact, and go to the location that it unlocks. Make your way to the head of Lucemia and confront Irwin.
Details (May Contain Spoilers)
Lucemia looks really twisty-turny but is essentially linear. Your path will alternate between climbing along its back and ducking into its shell to following an interior path. However, the few forks that lead to dead ends are not very long, and it quickly becomes apparent if you need to backtrack.
With that said, here’s the path from the Landing Point onward:
- Go left to reach the Fallen Mountains
- Go left again, then into the breach in Lucemia’s shell (Avenue of Deterioration)
- Go up, right at the fork, right again, and out to the surface
- Selva (of the Four Winds, a.k.a. cloud king guy) will appear
- Past Selva, continue left twice to reenter the shell at Embrace of the Ancients
- Then go right, right, up, right at the fork, left, left, and out to the surface again (Fallen Mountains)
- Selva appears a second time
- Go right twice, then in to reach Decayed Dignity
- Go up, left, left, up to reach the surface (Fallen Mountains) one last time
- From there, go left twice to reach the boss room (Leaving Sorrow Behind)